It’s not doubt that toxic to faith. It’s silence.
In this special episode of the Rooted Parent podcast, Cameron and Anna welcome renowned researcher Dr. Kara Powell. As the Director of the Fuller Youth Institute at Fuller Seminary, Dr. Powell has spent her career studying the spiritual lives of American teenagers. She shares their findings from the past twenty years (first shared in her seminal 2011 work, Sticky Faith), and then talks about how parents can apply the research to discipling their teenagers. Knowing that teenagers are searching for identity, belonging, and purpose helps parents understand how offering their children the gospel meets all of these needs. Dr. Powell also shares practical ideas for how to engage kids in hard conversations- and how to actually have the conversations that answer the questions kids are asking. You won’t want to miss this episode of the Rooted Parent Podcast!
- Fuller Youth Institute
- Dr. Kara Powell
- Three Big Questions That Change Every Teenager: Making the Most of Your Conversations and Connections by Kara Powell
- Three Big Questions That Shape Every Teenage, A 60-Day Exploration of Who You Were Made to Beby Kara Powell, Kristal Acevedo, and Brad M Griffin
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith Into Your Kids by Kara Powell and Chap Clark
- Making Sure Kids Know the Gospel: A Gospel Catechism for Teenagers by Cameron Cole
- Ask Alice: How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen; How to Listen So Your Kids Will Talk
- Teenagers Need A Safe Place to Ask Hard Questions by Anna Meade Harris