Pretty much all of my aspirations for my kids have to do with my idols. It’s just me projecting my idols onto my kids.
In the final episode of our season “What the Bible Says About Parenting,” Cameron and Anna take a look at Salome, the mother of James and John, the sister of Mary- who happens to be Jesus’ aunt. When she requests that her sons be allowed to sit at the right and left hands of Jesus in his kingdom, she seeks earthly power for her sons, she thinks it is up to manage her boys’ lives, and she fails to understand the priceless position they already enjoy as believers in Jesus.
- Matthew 20: 20-28
- What’s Driving Our Lawnmower Parenting? by Kristen Hatton
- Our Kids Don’t Win When We Fight their Battles for Them by Kristen Hatton
- Dads, Daughters, and a Willingness to Learn and Grow by Gordon Bals
- Hope Amidst College Admissions Insanity by Cameron Cole
- Join us at Rooted 2023 in Nashville; special discount day for parents!