“Our aim is to cultivate maturing disciples of Jesus who are committed to the family of God, not simply good youth group participants… as youth pastors, we need to be intentional about equipping the youth to more fully participate in and appreciate corporate worship.”- Gospel-Centered Youth Ministry, pg. 87
- The Asbury University Movement: Talking About Revival with Teenagers by Skyler Flowers
- Psalms of Hymns and Thanksgiving: Giving Students Vocabulary and Vision for Worship by Ben Birdsong
- The Importance of Catechizing Students Through Song by Kyle Hoffsmith
- Singing the Gospel: Three Questions for Worship Song Selection by Noah Frank
- The Importance of Over-Thinking Your Worship Music by Kevin Yi
- More than a Camp High: Pursuing Emotional Experience for the Glory of God (Part Two) by Seth Stewart
- More than a Camp High: Pursuing Emotional Experience for the Glory of God (Part One) by Seth Stewart
- Developing Mature Worshippers: Part 2 by Matt Francisco
- Developing Mature Worshippers: Part 1 by Matt Francisco
- We All Need Jesus: That’s Why Youth Group Isn’t A Replacement for Corporate Worship by Mark Howard
- Rooted Conference: Katie Polski, “Come and Worship!”
- Rooted 2017: Zac Hicks on Making Worship a Lifestyle for Kids, Not Just a Few Songs on Sunday
- Rooted 2017: Zac Hicks on Being a Worship Leader Defined by the Gospel
- Deepening Teens’ Understanding of Worship: A Conversation Between Cameron Cole and Jay Gardner
The Worship Pastor: A Call to Leadership for Worship Leaders and Teams– Zac Hicks. This valuable resource looks at all the facets of leading worship and provides biblical encouragement for this crucial work in the church.
Worship Matters: Leading Others to Encounter the Greatness of God by Bob Kauflin. A must-read for all worship leaders. He also has a shorter companion volume for congregational singing, True Worshippers.
Rhythms of Grace: How the Church’s Worship Tells the Story of the Gospel by Mike Cosper. A theological exploration of worship.
Tozer on Worship and Entertainment by A.W. Tozer. A collection of Tozer’s sermons and writing on worship culture. Most of Tozer’s notable quotes on the Holy Spirit and worship and in this small collected work.
Imagining the Kingdom: How Worship Works by James K.A. Smith. An exploration of how liturgy and worship shape the worshipper.
Look and Live: Behold the Soul-Thrilling, Sin-Destroying Glory of Christ by Matt Papa. A great book on worship as a lifestyle that is helpful to use with students.
Wired for a Life of Worship by Louie Giglio. A book and devotional that works well to use with student worship bands.