“The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”- Philippians 4:5-7
Anxiety: Finding the Better Story
A 31-day Devotional for Teenagers by Liz Edrington
As a teenager, Liz felt overwhelmed by anxiety. Now that she’s a mental health counselor, she wants to pass on what she’s learned. With daily Scripture readings, breathing exercises, and additional mental-health resources, this little book offers you comfort and help in your anxiety. See how your anxiety fits into God’s big story—and learn how Jesus can bring you peace.
In the 31-Day Devotionals for Teenagers series, adults who care about young people look at what the Bible has to say about the everyday issues you face. Through personal stories and relevant examples, they show that Jesus brings hope for every challenge.
Liz Edrington is the fellowship groups and young adults director at North Shore Fellowship in Chattanooga, TennesseePurchase
- Prayers for a Teenager Who Is Under Pressure by Dawson Cooper
- Welcoming the Anxious Student to Youth Group by Liz Edrington
- Helping Teenagers Cope with Stress and Anxiety by April Haberman
- Five Questions to Ask Your Teenager About His or Her Anxiety by David Murray
- Only the Gospel Will Save Teenagers From Their Anxiety by Seth Stewart
- Student Series: What Students Need from You During Seasons of Mental Illness by Emily Jenkins
- Anxious, Embodied Souls: What is the Remedy? with Liz Edrington
- Ask Alice: A Conversation with Dr. Stacey Gilbert on Teenagers Struggling with Anxiety and Depression
- Rooted Podcast: Dave Thomas on Adolescent Anxiety
Mental Health and Gen Z. In this episode, Mikel Del Rosario, Jonathan Morrow, Jenny Wang, and Erin Waller Roy discuss how the mental health of Generation Z has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and how the church can better minister in light of their experiences.
Anxiety: Finding the Better Story (31-Day Devotionals for Teenagers). by Rooted’s own Liz Edrington. “With daily Scripture readings, breathing exercises, and additional mental-health resources, this little book offers you comfort and help in your anxiety. See how your anxiety fits into the big story of your life―and of the whole universe―and learn how Jesus can bring you peace.”
Why Is My Teenager Feeling Like This?: A Guide for Helping Teens through Anxiety and Depression by David Murray. In this companion guide to his book for teens Why Am I Feeling Like This?, pastor and counselor David Murray offers spiritual encouragement and practical direction for parents and other adults who want to help but don’t know where to start.”
A Christian’s Guide to Mental Illness: Answers to 30 Common Questions by David Murray and Tom Karel. “A Christian’s Guide to Mental Illness answers 30 commonly asked questions about mental health from a Christian perspective. Intended for caregivers, this accessible resource will equip family, friends, and churches with wisdom for caring for individuals with mental health illnesses.”