As a youth minister or parent, it is easy to feel alone in navigating your kids in the direction of spiritual truth. In a world of digital communication and technology, there seems to be a lack of opportunities to physically come together, learn from each other, and receive encouragement in your calling to point your youth towards Christ. At the Rooted Conference, our hope is to create a space for parents and youth ministers to foster relationships, share wisdom, and support one other. We have compiled a list of all the community and connection opportunities that are offered at the upcoming Rooted Conference. We hope it encourages you to join us in Chicago to build relationships and have real conversations!
- Workshops – During workshops, conference attendees break off into smaller groups to hear practical instruction on a topic within youth ministry and youth culture. This time allows for attendees to learn, ask questions, and interact with speakers and each other.
- “Dine-Arounds” – At our “dine-arounds” on Friday night, you will be able to sample some of the world’s greatest Chicago-style pizza (perhaps at Lou Malnati’s or Giordano’s) with the new friends you make during our time together!
- Meals and Group Dinners – Each year, we offer several meals for our attendees to connect and fellowship with one another throughout the conference. One dinner and a boxed lunch are included in your registration fee. The meals on site allow attendees to build relationships with each other in a personal and relaxed setting.
- Chicago – Chicago in October is lovely, and our conference is designed to be walkable! We have discounted rates at several nearby hotels, and we are within walking distance of the famous Miracle Mile. You’ll likely meet several conference attendees staying at your hotel. So lace up your walking shoes, grab a new friend, and walk to the conference together or tour the beautiful Windy City.
- Connections Across the Country – Attendees come from all over the United States. You will meet like-minded youth workers who want nothing more than to pour the gospel of grace into teenagers and to nurture their students’ faith; you will meet parents who want to partner with you to disciple teens well. You will have time to get to know each other and have fun sharing stories, asking questions, and being encouraged.
Click here to learn more and sign up for Rooted Conference. We hope to see you there!