“We need to teach explicitly on relationships and friendships. Give students relational risk that is tolerable, so they can increase that risk. Help them learn that life and relationship that is beautiful has some risk to it.”
In this workshop from the Rooted 2022 Conference, Liz Edrington talks breath, bodies, and being in process. Starting with the understanding that some anxiety is a very normal part of being human, Liz explores common questions that youth pastors and parents have about the anxious teenagers in their care. A trained counselor, Liz is the Fellowship Groups & Young Adults Director at North Shore Fellowship in Chattanooga, TN.
- Anxiety: Finding the Better Story by Liz Edrington
- Genesis 2:4-9
- NSF A Theology of Emotion video
- You’re Only Human: How Your Limits Reflect God’s Design and Why That’s Good News by Kelly Kapic
- SeeJesus website for Paul Miller’s ministry
- The Person of Jesus Student Edition by Robert Row
- Join us for Rooted 2023!
- Follow us @rootedministry.