“And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.”- Luke 2:52
- What High School Teachers Want Parents To Know by Holly Mackle
- Advocating for Your Child: Guidelines for Would-Be Helicopter Parents by Tracey Rector
- Rooted2014 Audio: Brent Bounds on Developmental Phases by Brent Bounds
Spoiled Rotten by Elizabeth Kolbert.
- Podcast: Brent Bounds on Psychology and Youth Ministry
- Rooted 2017: Brent Bounds on a Psychological Perspective of Spiritual Formation
Understand Your Developing Teen With Dr. Nell Bush (Don’t Mom Alone). In this conversation with podcast host Heather MacFadyen, Dr. Bush presents an overview of the four pillars of development: physical, cognitive, social, and emotional. Dr. Bush shares how each of these pillars typically plays out in the preteen and teenage years.
Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel Siegel- An excellent book on teen development; helpful both for youth minister and for parents.
How to Raise An Adult: Break Free From the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success by Julie Lythcott-Haims. An excellent, thought-provoking exploration of the ramifications of helicopter parenting from a former Stanford dean (and parent).